Telecommunication The Best Business Niche
As previously stated, technology has made a very big impact on the way people relate with each other socially and in the business world. People have a peculiar need to communicate with each other and the desire to increase the level of their lives positively. Through many years since the inception of the telephone device, a lot has changed positively. The previous analog telephone devices have been replaced with more sophisticated telecommunication devices like the iPhone and smartphone. The telecommunication industry is a very lucrative business to engage in. It is not easy for an organization to engage its-self in the telecom industry because of the high costs involved but the benefits outweigh the investment needed (World Bank 2015). The digital artifact footprint that has been created by the invention of the telephone has been immense. According to the World Bank demand and needs of the people to use the telephone rose drastically between the years 1995 and 2015. Continuous development of new telephone devices has seen the growth of digital artifacts to be on the rise. There is the creation of new concepts in a different way that will improve current modes of communication and social engagements. According to statistics, the Telecommunication industry is ranked as one of the best performing industries in the world. This has made it to be very lucrative in terms of business performance and retention of revenues.
Benefits of Digital Artifact in Telecommunication
A lot of benefits have gradually and systematically been on the upward positive side since the introduction of the digital phase in the lives of human beings. The development of modern-day technology has brought great improvement in the way we communicate and relate with each other through mobile devices. The interruption of telecommunication digital artifacts has constantly been on the increase. This has provided great value and benefits that have contributed to the rapid growth of the telecommunication industry across the world (Anderson et al 2000, pp23). The generation of new information and data will determine the evolution of the telecommunications industry. Some of the benefits that are looked into are:
- Development of various solutions – The individuality of a person can be accessed anywhere with ease. This has a positive and negative side. The positive side is that products and services will be tailor-made to fit all your searches and desires (Anderson et al 2000, pp 23). The negative part is the possibility of someone stealing your credentials and using them for other purposes. The good thing is that with these developments communication will become readily available to many people.
- Portable and wearable computers and portable computers – Wireless communication has seen great improvements made in the telecommunications industry. There have been a lot of developments in blue tooth communication, Wireless networks, and robotics. These have enabled individuals to enjoy features like smartwatches and smart clothing that are connected to their phone devices. In the coming future, there will also be a lot of changes and improvements in the current digital artifacts that support these communication gadgets and the relationship of our daily lives.
- Advancement in input modalities – These are features that are an extension to the wearable devices. They amplify the performance of the available devices through visual and audio applications. People will be able to transfer their thoughts and feeling through these devices. This process is still on research on the capability of it happening.
- Wireless connectivity and smart sensors – The past 2years has seen great development in the way people communicate through handheld devices. The next 20 to 30 years will usher in a new age of digital communication and connectivity. A feature like wireless connectivity was not imaginable a while back but currently, it is the most used method of connectivity across the world. It is estimated that as the world population increases there will be a greater need to increase the level and capacity to handle all the communication data and facilitation. The creation of sensors is seen as a viable way to ensure that these development goals are achieved. The sensors are designed to pick and study their surrounding environment to give relatively complete and efficient feedback to the recipient or users. This will allow near field communication to happen more efficiently. Although these advancements are attractive to increase the footprint of the digital artifact there needs to be greater care and research on how these connections can affect the human body (Anderson et al 2000, pp 24). This is because they are worn close to the body and operate by emitting wavelength communication.
- Software control – Systems are placed by the developers of these digital technologies so that their advancement can be absorbed gradually by the general population.
- Evolution of switched networks – The advancement of new digital artifacts in the telecommunication industry has seen the technology evolve into machines and networks that are digital and very efficient. These have systematically replaced the switchboard networks because they are faster and very reliable.
- Improved visual and audio interfaces – The display and audio interface of any device is the appealing selling point to a consumer. The improved image and audio interface of the digital artifacts in telecommunication has caused the industry to increase rapidly over the years.
Factors that influence the Telecommunication Industry
The growth and development of the telecommunication industry rely on various factors. The factors are there to either ensure the success or failure of the industry. The products of the telecommunications industry touch on the provision of data, internet connectivity, and mobile devices (Frue, 2016). These elements are the ones that hold the operations of all telecommunication companies in the business. These elements are also affected directly or indirectly by the following factors;
- Economics – The growth and sustenance of a telecommunication company depend on the policies of the country on communication, taxes, and customer availability. These form part of the base foundation of a good organization to succeed. The development and growth of the companies are based on the availability of the customers and their willingness to use their services.
- Politics – Government regulations is another factor that affects the operations of a telecommunications company. If the political conditions are favorable to the organization then it will prosper.
- Social – The lives of many people are affected by telecommunication services directly or indirectly every day. It has become a part of the daily lives of many people. The hindrance of the telecommunication companies is trying to penetrate rural communities that have not embraced digital communication means.
- Technology – Advancements in digital designed artifacts pushes organizations to adapt to new changes in communication (Frue, 2016). The needs of consumers push companies to place more investments to satisfy their needs.
- Legal – Through the importation of mobile devices and connectivity many telecommunication companies are legally obligated to provide the best service. This is because some companies hold monopoly status over many consumers.
- Environment – The way a product will reach a consumer will determine their acceptance of it. A lot of people are influenced by their current environment on what type of mobile device to purchase. The environment of the telecommunication company keeps shifting and changing as new developments in the industry come up.
All these factors are designed to allow the proper functioning of the telecommunication systems. If a company is marketing its products through a website platform or social media then the platform must be able to accommodate the needs of the company. Through this many products and services can be made available to the customer in an easier way either through their smartphones or computers. Proper implementation of these factors will ensure that the technological and digital evolution made will reach their intended goals and objectives. The government needs to create governing policies that will help the performance of digital artifacts to take place in an efficient system.
Perspective Future of the Telecommunication Industry
Since the early 2000’s many telecom companies have been gradually cashing in on the telecommunication fortunes. In Mumbai Telco and other leading companies have been on the forefront leading other companies in gathering as many subscribers in their networks. Mobile device production companies like Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia, and other telecommunication suppliers have also benefited from the telecommunication sales boom. The future of the telecommunication industry is very promising and profitable. A lot of people are buying daily multiple mobile devices to be in the network. There are also fears that the telecommunication systems are becoming redundant within a shorter period because of the increasing technological advances and competition. The ability of the companies that are in the telecommunication industry to adapt to change will ensure their survival. The focus given to development infrastructure, employee pension, and other varying expenses that the companies need to meet is a major factor that determines the growth of the organizations. According to innosight (Viguerie, Cowan, and Hindo 2017), many companies are focusing on reaching an equal balance with their competitors instead of thinking about how to increase their market share.
The need for an organization to bring in cash flow is a major challenge for many telecommunication companies. The cash flow that comes in determines the level of sustainability of the organization in the industry. The future of the telecommunication companies is defined by their resilience capacity to maintain being operational in the market. The continued disruptive technologies to the industry and the ever-increasing presence of consumers looking and pushing for lower communicating tariffs for communication are putting a strain on the operations and finances of these organizations. Telecommunication companies will need to reorganize themselves and offer varied packages that are designed to offer better services and affordability to their customers. Digital artifacts in the telecommunication sector are very important in creating innovation around the available products or develop new solutions. The adoption of innovations and digital technologies will go a long way in improving the stature of telecommunication companies.
The societal needs of the population are a common factor that drives up the need for improved technological innovations in services and products from companies and organizations. The choices that people make depend on the efficiency of the technology used to serve them or offer any kind of service. They will relate based on how effective a technology package is useful in their lives. In the website example of SBT Japan car exporters, they have been able to have catalogs of specific model car designs. This gives customers an advantage over a variety of choices that will be best suited to their needs.
Digital artifacts are very important in causing disruptions or creating ways to improve them. A lot of companies in the telecommunication sector are focusing most of their energy on competing with their rivals. Through this, they end up missing opportunities for growth and development. The disruption and replacement of old digital artifacts with new ones is a sign of growth and development. Companies should focus on the various digital artifacts that they need to deal with for effective management. The market is always increasing and there are regions where companies have not covered totally. The next frontier will be in improving and adopting new technologies for the current market. The younger generation is pushing demand for technologies that will satisfy their daily schedules. It is for telecommunication organizations to look into these factors and find ways on how they can capitalize on them. The continued development of technologies in telecommunication platforms gives potential advantages to every country across the world that is looking towards increasing their productivity through efficient communication. This evolution of digital technology must be efficiently embraced by governments and organizations to ensure that they are effective and they add value to the people, the government, and the companies. It is necessary to put into focus that the development of various products and services rely on improved technological and digital advances. All this affects the outcome of the present digital artifact and they will improve with the introduction of new technological ways and systems.
Frue, K. “PESTLE Analysis of the Telecommunication Industry.” Pestle Analysis, 16th November 2016. Retrived From:
Gioko, P., “SBT Japan Review: Is It Easy to Buy a Car Through SBT Japan?” Japan Car Reviews. Retrived From:
History.com, “Alexander Graham Bell.” 30th November 2019. Retrived From:
Viguerie, P., Cowan, K., and Hindo, B. “The Future of Telecommunications Industry: A Dual Transformation.” December 2017 Innosight: Insight. Retrived From:
World Bank, 2015. Mobile cellular subscriptions (per 100 people). Retrived From: